Friday, January 31, 2014

Buttons, buttons, who's got the button....

 So now to finish up the buttons..... Remember I said, I wanted to make these as coasters!  It seemed like such a great idea!  Not really sure what I was thinking,  how is a glass going to sit flat on something that stick up that high?  So, now I'm thinking of using them in a wreath, or in a bowl.  To finish....
 Pick an acrylic paint that is the color of the button you would like.  I went with a lot of neutrals and a country blue and barn red.  My buttons took two coats of painting, and then I used two coats of sealer on them as well.  Remember, the coasters.  oh boy!
 I knew I was going to use jute as the thread. In giving you directions, I'm going to use the four squares in the buttons as north, east, south and west.  I thought this would be less confusing.  So take a good length of thread, and go down in the east and come up in the north.
 Then go down in the south and up in the west.
 Kind of tighten up your jute and tie a square knot.
These were so much fun to make.  Hope you have as much fun as I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment